"The river always purified. It seemed to bring some thoughts from far above, who knew from where, and carry others far downstream, who knew whither. Using the river, a person could dream awake, like a child."
Paul Horgan, “Great River – The Rio Grande in North American History”
Update - June 14, 2021
Upon review of the most recent state guidelines, published on June 9 (ReOpen NM), Guided Outings have returned to our calendar on a limited basis, with the caveat that personal transportation will not be included. Self-guided tour options remain suspended indefinitely, although several smaller groups (6 – 12 people) have taken advantage of our watercraft delivery and pick up options as outlined on the Additional Services page. We can now offer delivery and/or pick up of watercraft, and limited shuttle services to assist those comfortable venturing out without guide support, and we can also offer guide services as well to private groups on limited dates. As each of these services are flat fees, they will appeal primarily to groups (the fee involving delivery of a single canoe or two kayaks is identical to delivery of an assortment of 20 watercraft).
We are continuing to offer rentals of watercraft for daily or multi-day use, and all watercraft and rental equipment (paddles, PFD's, etc.) are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized following each use per CDC guidelines. (Those interested in the specifics can see our Waiver, Terms and Policies page for details).
We have made - or are in the process of making – changes to broaden availability of rentals to a wider audience, and to assist groups with the logistics involved in river outings. These changes include:
- Rate reductions on our most popular rental offerings
- Expanding our paddleboard (SUP) fleet, a watercraft which can be transported easily by any vehicle (most midsize sedans can carry as many as four SUPs stored in their packs)
- Adding a kayak seatback option to our SUPs, which converts the paddleboard to an easily transported and very lightweight SOT kayak
- Adding kayak/ canoe cart rentals to ease navigation of the often challenging river access points in the ABQ metro area.
- Watercraft Delivery, Pick up, and limited Shuttle Services are now available as flat fee "a la carte" services as well, and may be appealing for groups of 6 people or more.
- Guide Service is available for private groups on limited dates.
Please see the A La Carte Services page for full details on all of these additional services.
Take-Away Rentals - Available 7 days a week!
New Mexico strictly prohibits operation of any watercraft while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Please save the party for after the river.