"The river always purified. It seemed to bring some thoughts from far above, who knew from where, and carry others far downstream, who knew whither. Using the river, a person could dream awake, like a child."
Paul Horgan, “Great River – The Rio Grande in North American History”
Updated May 11, 202
Upon review of the most recent state guidelines, published on April 29 (ReOpen NM), regular guided and self-guided tour operations remain suspended indefinitely, as the requirements in respect to the use of passenger vehicles, combined with the provisions regarding cleaning and sanitation between each use would require rates for groups of less than 8 people that are prohibitively expensive. For those comfortable venturing out without guide support, we can now assist in organizing a self-guided outing for groups of 6 or more (see below).
We are continuing to offer rentals of watercraft for daily or multi-day use, and all watercraft and rental equipment (paddles, PFD's, etc.) are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized following each use per CDC guidelines. (Those interested in the specifics can see our Waiver, Terms and Policies page for details).
We have made - or are in the process of making – changes to broaden availability of rentals to a wider audience, and to assist groups in arranging river outings. These changes include:
- Rate reductions on our most popular rental offerings
- Expanding our paddleboard (SUP) fleet, a watercraft which can be transported easily by any vehicle (most midsize sedans can carry as many as four SUPs stored in their packs)
- Adding a kayak seatback option to our SUPs, which converts the paddleboard to an easily transported and very lightweight SOT kayak
- Adding kayak/ canoe cart rentals to ease navigation of the often challenging river access points in the ABQ metro area.
- Watercraft Delivery, Pick up, and limited Shuttle Services are now available as flat fee "ala carte" services as well, and may be appealing for groups of 6 people or more.
Please see the Ala Carte Services page for full details on all of these additional services.
Offered Friday through Sunday
New Mexico strictly prohibits operation of any watercraft while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Please save the party for after the river.